As with QuickFIX/J we have used Apache Mina to abstract out some of the network interaction.
(1) Using a template based message workflow - as with SBE - will provide financial benefits to adopters.
- Reduction in size of messages due to no tag=value == less bandwidth.
- Template based message description == reduction in time-to-market.
- Binary message format == less string manipulation at either end == reduction in compute requirements
- Binary message format == smaller messages == reduction in storage requirements
(2) Combine that with FIX Orchestra and you now have
- Immediate time-to-market.
- FIX conformance testing can be automated, effectively as the last stage in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Roll-out a new trading algorithm to your clients (described in ATDL) on the same day as it goes live internally.